These Terms and Conditions govern access and use of the content and services available at our website: www.hotelonstgeorges.com.
Your attention is drawn to these Terms and Conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
Acceptance of Terms
Hotel on St Georges permits the use of this Website subject to these Terms and Conditions. By using this Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions. Your use of any accommodation offered by us will be subject to applicable terms and conditions in addition to these Terms and Conditions.
Important Hotel Information
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Rates are quoted per occupancy (number of guests) per room per night in South African Rand and are inclusive of Value Added Tax at 14% and 1% Tourism Levy.
- All rates include Breakfast.
- Management reserves the right of admission.
- All amendments to reservations must be made in writing.
- These rates are available for transient business and are not available for groups. 9 rooms or more constitutes a group and rates are available on request.
- All rates are nett and non-commissionable.
- All Standard Rooms inside the hotel has no fridges inside.
Check-in time is at 14h00 on the day of your scheduled arrival. Early check-in is guaranteed for rooms reserved one night prior to the scheduled date of arrival.
Check-out time is at 11h00 on the day of your scheduled departure. Late check-out is guaranteed for rooms reserved and paid for, for an additional night subject to availability.
Children and Adult Policies:
Adults: All rooms can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults only.
- A maximum of two children under the age of 12 can be accommodated with 2 adults inside our Superior Twin Rooms only.
- Standard Rooms does not have capacity for extra beds / sleeper couch.
Restaurant and Bar:
Hotel on St Georges does not currently have an on-site dinner restaurant or bar.
Breakfast and Lunch:
Breakfast and Lunch is served at our Restaurant, “The Kitchen Deli” which is located inside the vibey ABSA Mall right next to the hotel. Breakfast is served from 07h00 – 10h30 daily.
For dinner there are many options available in the area as well as an upmarket bar less than 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel. An in-room dining option is also available through the services of Mr Delivery.
While every effort is made to accommodate Guests in the room of their choice, room placement is at the total discretion of Hotel on St Georges and is also subject to the requested room being available for the full period of the intended stay.
Cape Town Winds:
Kindly note that due to the size of the building and with Cape Town being prone to gale-force winds, none of the windows inside the hotel can open.
Hotel Security Access Policies:
Kindly note as per Section 40 of the South African Immigration Act, a copy will be made on arrival of one of the following forms of picture ID:
- Identity Document
- Drivers Licence
2. Security Access Photograph:
As part of our check-in procedure and our Security Access Policy which is designed for your security, it is required that a photograph is taken on arrival of all guests. The photograph is attached to your profile in our system which is deleted automatically upon departure.
Kindly note that even though we have an identification copy, it often occurs that the document is a couple of years old and therefore we require a recent photograph.
3. Outside Visitors Policy:
- No non-guests (non-hotel guests) are allowed in guest areas including guest bedrooms.
- All visitors are required to report to Reception from where the guest being visited will be contacted to meet them in Reception.
Non Smoking Policy:
Hotel on St Georges is a full Non-Smoking Hotel in line with the National Smoking Act. Smoking is only allowed in the designated area in front of the hotel. Failure to comply with this law will result in a fine of R500 being levied to your room account on every instance that this has to be addressed.
Hotel on St Georges currently does not offer any facilities such as a gym, swimming pool or spa. There is a magnitude of activities available in the area suitable for all ages.
All rates advertised on the Website are subject to change.
All special offers are subject to the following terms:
- A minimum night stay is allocated to each offer, when booking outside of these stay requirements, the special offer will be returned as sold out or not available.
- No refunds or cancellations are allowed on any special offer for any reason whatsoever.
- Full pre-payment is required on booking to secure your reservation.
- All offers and special rates are at all times subject to availability.
- Block out dates as applicable at Hotel on St Georges’ discretion, even when not stated.
- All rates advertised are on a per night basis unless stated otherwise.
- All reservations made through this Website is payable by Credit Card only.
- A valid credit card is required at the time of booking for this purpose.
- 50% Deposit of the total value of the reservation (excluding Special Offers) will be charged on receipt of the Reservation. The remainder 50% Deposit will be payable 30 days prior to arrival. Where the arrival date is less than 30 days, full prepayment will be due on receipt of reservation.
- The credit card details used to guarantee the reservation will therefore automatically be charged with 50% on receipt of reservation and the balance 30 days prior to the date of arrival.
- The credit card used to confirm and pay for a reservation is required to be presented on check-in at the hotel.
- An imprint of this card will be taken by the hotel on check-in, in order to prove that the card was present.
- Payments cannot be made with a third party’s credit card unless the card holder and card is present on arrival.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Should the reservation be cancelled less than 48 hours from the date of arrival, a cancellation fee of the rate for one night will be levied against you. Each cancellation will be treated by its individual merits. If your reservation was guaranteed with a charge to your credit card at the time of the reservation, this will be forfeited.
A no-show is the non-arrival of a guest without notification in writing by fax or email to the hotel. In the case of a no-show, a rate of one night cancellation fees will be levied against you.
We use a Secured Sockets Layer Line for credit card data and other personal information. This insures that your information is encrypted as it travels over the internet and is stored on a secure server once it reaches us. However, due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your communications will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Hotel on St Georges will not be liable for any loss or damages arising from third parties’ unauthorized access of your data.
Conditions of Residence:
1. You warrant that you are duly authorized to sign for and bind all persons represented by you or for whom you are responsible (your party) to these conditions of residence and failing such authority, agrees to be personally liable for all amounts arising from the residence of yourself and your party at the hotel.
2. You and each member of your party agrees to pay not later than the time of departure (unless prior written arrangements have been made with the hotel management) the room rate as determined by the hotel for the period of residence, the costs of food, beverage and any other amounts relating to such residence together with the VAT incurred by you and your party during your stay at the hotel. Accommodation charges payments are subject to the prepayment policy stipulated on the reservation at the time of booking. Periodic payments must be made if the amount exceeds the credit limit designated by the hotel, and accounts are payable upon presentation.
3. For Security Access purposes, a photograph is taken on check-in of all guests occupying a room. The photograph is attached to your room profile for the duration of your stay. On the date of departure, upon check-out, the photograph is deleted automatically and permanently from the Property Management System.
4. For all manual credit card payments (CARD NOT PRESENT TRANSACTIONS), a credit card imprint will be taken on arrival to confirm that the cardholder has authorized the deduction of monies from his / her credit card.
5. It is the policy of Hotel on St Georges that no visitors (non-guests) from outside is permitted in any guest area including guest bedrooms for any reason whatsoever. All visitors are to report to Reception from where the guest being visited will be contacted to meet them in Reception.
6. Hotel on St Georges is a fully Non-Smoking Hotel in accordance with the National Smoking Act. Smoking is only allowed in the designated area outside in front of the hotel. Failure to comply with this law will result in a fine of R500 being levied to your room account on every instance that this has to be addressed.
7. You hereby agree to abide by all policies and procedures as outlined in this document as well as the Booking Confirmation received. Failure to comply may result in a cancellation of the reservation, an early departure and no compensation.
8. A certificate from the Hotel Manager shall constitute proof of indebtedness of the guest and / or his party and the particulars herein for all purposes including any action instituted by the hotel against the guest and / any of his party.
9. You agree that after your departure, the hotel may retain goods left behind by yourself or your party and authorizes the hotel after giving one month notice of the address registered by your of its intension to do so, to sell same, privately or publically at the hotels discretion at such price as the hotel may determine and offset proceeds for such sale against possible indebtedness of the guest or hold such proceeds failing which they shall be deemed to have been forfeited to the hotel.
10. You hereby agree on behalf of yourself and the members of your party, on whose behalf you warrant you have the authority to contract, that it is a condition of your occupation of the hotel that the hotel shall not be responsible for any injury to or death of any person or any harm caused to you or the loss or destruction or damage to any property however caused, whether arising from fire, theft and any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from fire, theft or any cause by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence (gross or otherwise) wilful or wrongful act of any person in the employment of the hotel or subcontractors of the hotel.
11. The guest hereby concents to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court having jurisdiction over the guest in respect of any proceedings in connection with the stay of the guest and his party in the hotel. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the hotel shall have the right of instituting all or any proceedings connected with such stay in the hotel in any Division of the Supreme Court of South Africa having jurisdiction.
12. Where appropriate the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa and singular shall include the plural.
Linked Third-Party Website and Third-Party Content
This Website may contain links or references to other websites outside our control, including those of advertisers. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to those websites and Hotel on St Georges is not responsible for the practices and / or privacy policies of those sites or the cookies those sites uses. In addition, because Hotel on St Georges has no control over such external sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Hotel on St Georges is not responsible for ensuring the availability of such external websites or resources and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. Your use of such other websites is entirely at your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of such other website or your reliance on any information contained on those sites.
Permission for Hyperlinks, Deep Linking, Crawlers and Metatags
Nobody may establish a hyperlink, frame, metatag or similar reference, whether electronically or otherwise (collectively referred to as linking), to this Website or any subsidiary pages before receiving the prior written approval of an authorized representative of Hotel on St Georges, which may be withheld or granted subject to such conditions Hotel on St Georges may specify from time to time. Furthermore, this Website or any part hereof may not be "framed" or "deep linked" in any way whatsoever. This Website may from time to time contain message boards which allow users to comment on their experience at Hotel on St Georges. At times those comments may contain references to matters not related to Hotel on St Georges. Those references do not necessarily represent the views of Hotel on St Georges.
Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge that Hotel on St Georges shall in no way be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential injury, loss or damages which might arise from your use of, or reliance upon, any material or content contained in this Website or any linked website, or any inability to use the Website, or any unlawful activity on the Website, even if Hotel on St Georges was aware or has been advised of the possibility of such loss, expense, claim or damages, unless such loss or damages arise due to the gross negligence of Hotel on St Georges.
You hereby indemnify Hotel on St Georges against any loss, claim or damage which may be suffered by yourself or any third party arising in any way from your use of this Website or the receipt by you of an electronic mail from Hotel on St Georges or one that purports to emanate from Hotel on St Georges, unless the loss, claim or damage arises as a result of the gross negligence of Hotel on St Georges.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to update and/or amend the Terms and Conditions from time to time and without any notice, and you are accordingly encouraged to check the Website regularly. If you use this Website after such updated or amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on this Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such updates or amendments.
Hotel on St Georges may in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and modify this Website and/or your use of this Website, with or without notice to you. You agree that Hotel on St Georges will not be liable to you in the event that it chooses to suspend, modify or terminate this Website or your use of this Website.
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
If any term or condition contained herein is declared invalid, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
Any failure on the part of Hotel on St Georges to enforce any right shall not constitute a waiver of that right.